Sunday, February 14, 2010

The Sombrero on the Wall

So Lindsey and I have been reunited again for V-Day. We are joint-posting...Say hi, Lindsey...

It's 10:42 on Sunday night and we have spent the last two hours hanging pictures on the wall in her office-room. She has over a dozen that she wanted to hang and they are UP. And beautiful. And one is stubbornly crooked and pesky. See picture.See the beautiful little black circle which is really a sombrero? This will not be funny to you, I am sure, but here is the conversation that went into that little gem getting hung...

"Lindsey I think you need something small to fill in that space there."
"I have a sombrero we could use."
(I can't see right now...still funny...tears!)
"Is it a baby one?"
HAhahahahahaa!!

Oh my.

Lindsey here: What a magnificent feat (feet). To see a barren wall go from nothing to something...quite remarkable I must say, and I couldn't have done it without my Keri!! I may have given up so much earlier had she not been here. I am sure I would have ended up with one or two or perhaps...eek...even three pictures that would not be evenly hanged (ye, that is the word...thank you Mrs. Williams) on the wall.

See, the way I normally hang pictures is purely by guesswork. I put the picture on the wall where I want it to be, then I place my finger on the wall and then mark where my finger was with a pencil. And viola. A perfectly, or not so perfectly hanged picture. (This is how Keri hangs pictures - the Make It and Love It Way, see link on right...with tissue paper outlines...see how Keri is the slave?)

Case and point, Keri and I were trying to hang a piece of art using a ribbon. I crudely marked the sides of the poster where I thought there should be holes. See, the holes act as the place where I could weave a ribbon in and out to accentuate and give life to my Paris picture. Keri had stepped out of the room for a moment, and I thought "HAZAA time to show her my artistic skills." You try keeping up with this woman. I proceeded to mark on the picture where the holes would go. I started on one side, Keri rejoined me and began marking the other side...and began giggling at how the marks did not at all match up to the other marks I had made. With that, we burst into a fit of laughter wondering how in the world I marked one side...here is how the conversation went:

"Lindsey, how exactly did you measure this?"

"I started from the middle and went out."

Even now, it sounds so logical, right. Alas...the little pencil ticks did not lineup...by the end of the event we had to designate the correct pencil ticks from one another by using a star...because I didn't have an eraser to erase all those other accurately ;) measured ticks. Needless to say Lindsey-Logic lead to 6 ticks on one side and 27 ticks on the other...and still no eraser, don't get too close -k.

More fun stories to come. Like how absurdly good Lindsey is at math, measuring, and punching holes.

1 comment:

Jana and Brett said...

bwa ha you guys are funny. Nice wall by the way! It was so good to see you two! I love ya! It was a great Valentine present.