Monday, June 18, 2012

Funny...

Please excuse me as I record some things my kids said that I thought were hilarious/wise, but you probably won't...

A few days ago we drove passed a home that had burned down (well the insides had burned but the shell remained), as a result of dad+car+garage+chemicals. No one was injured, thankfully, and my kids were super excited to see the remains. As we rubber-necked pass the house we saw a few people out in front of the house loading some things on a trailer. One of them was a man, and Bekah said, "That must be the dad. He looks disappointed. In himself." Ah! So wise and blunt.

Beau lately has been having a problem getting to the bathroom on time. I am getting really really really really really really sick of discovering him with damp shorts. A few days ago I saw him, with wet shorts of course, and asked if he had peed. He said no, and so I asked why he smelled like pee.  He said, (without a care in the world), "Uh...it must be the trees." Right.

I am learning that Bekah and Beau are two peas in a pod. They are passionate and dramatic, which does not bode well for calm and quiet. One day they were both melting down over various things and I was feeling a little exasperated. Jacob just stood off to the side quietly and said, "Mom, you know why I'm not throwing a fit? Because I knew you needed me not to." Heavenly Father gave me Jacob to balance out Bekah and Beau, I am sure of it. He is quite often my sanity-keeper.

He said something else funny while we were riding bikes. Our neighborhood is super hilly and in all honesty even a mile ride can be pretty tiring. There is one final hill before our home and it's probably the biggest one of all. Jacob was walking his bike up the hill and he said, in frustration, "If this was a downhill I'd be up there already!" So true, so true. Me too.

3 comments:

Ali said...

Oh, I miss you guys soooooo much. I loved your post....

c show said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy said...

This is what my kids said this morning as we were cooking bacon and getting ready to send them on a 4 day river rafting trip down the mighty San Juan: "so, Joshua are you excited?" Yes! I am! I love bacon!" Ha ha